Proctored Exam | Everything You Need To Know About Proctored Exam?

What is a Proctored Exam


Taking online exams comes with its own set of challenges and concerns around cheating. That's where proctored exams step in. But as someone new to this format, I had a lot of questions about how exactly they work. Here's a breakdown of my key learnings after experiencing my first proctored exam.

What is a Proctored Exam?

  • An exam that is supervised by an approved individual, either remotely online or in-person at a test center.

  • Monitored via webcam to ensure no cheating with unauthorized materials or people.

  • Proctors watch your screen the whole time to catch any suspicious behavior.

My Proctored Exam Experience

  • Checked in early at test center to verify ID and set up my workspace under the webcam.

  • Felt a bit odd knowing someone was watching me type but tried to focus.

  • Was able to access exam questions without issue once the proctor started remotely monitoring.

  • No disruptions during - felt they were just "watching in the background."

Conclusion


While it took some getting used to the idea of a proctor watching my screen, going through the process reassured me of the integrity of online exams. It's comforting to know everyone is held to the same standards. The proctors were also very helpful and non-intrusive. Overall, proctored exams allow for convenient remote testing while still protecting against cheating. My advice is to prepare fully and stay focused on the material.

Also Read: Guide For TTU Blackboard Signup And Use Its Dashboard


Comments